Our 2018 200-hour program begins January 12.
Applications now being accepted.
Early bird specials available… even when using a payment plan!
REPUBLIC OF YOGA
2018 200–HOUR TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
Republic of Yoga’s 5-star rated vinyasa based teacher training is a Yoga Alliance
200-Hour Registered program that merges the fundamentals of traditional Hatha Yoga
techniques and philosophy with Tibetan Buddhist principles. Our program is designed to immerse you in the study of yoga while enriching your practice and providing you with the tools needed to teach safe and creative yoga classes including a range of
techniques from basic to gentle to more challenging sequences. It is for those who
aspire to deepen their knowledge of Hatha Yoga and learn not only what it is, but also how and why the practice is valuable beyond the physical experience of asana, and how it can contribute to happy, balanced and integrated lives.
Curriculum will include:
TECHNIQUES & TRAINING
- The Art of Vinyasa
- Yoga Assist Methods
- Intelligent and Inspired Sequencing
- Guided Asana Practice
- Restorative Yoga
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- Bhakti Yoga, Mantra & the Art of Kirtan
- How to deconstruct asanas and teach basics
- Teaching a multi-level class with different learning modalities
- Alignment principles
- Use of language and voice
- Two unique yoga sequences
- Practice and refine your teaching skills and communication styles
APPLIED ANATOMY FOR YOGA
- Anatomical language
- Upper and Lower Extremities
- The Nervous system and Restoratives
- Anatomy of the Breath
- Ethics for the Yoga Teacher
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- How Yoga Works/Map of the Subtle Body: the Chakras, Nadis and Vayus
- One weekend a month for 10 months
- Jan. 12 thru 14, Feb. 2 thru 4, March 16 thru 18,
April 13 thru 15, May 4 thru 6, June 1 thru 3,
July 20 thru 22, Aug. 3 thru 5, Sept. 14 thru 16,
Oct. 12 thru 14. Graduation October 14.
- Fridays: 5:45pm – 9:00pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Sundays: 9:00am – 6:00pm
(there is a 1-hour lunch break on
Saturday and Sunday)
- Jivamukti Yoga by S. Ganon & D. Life
- Eastern Body Western Mind by Anodea Judith
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Bihar School translation)
- The Yoga Surtas of Patanjali (Swami Satchitananda commentary)
- Functional Anatomy of Yoga by David Keil
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Eyes Wide Open by Mariana Caplan
- Tuition includes 20 prepaid classes, which you are required to
take over the course of the program. You are strongly encouraged
to take additional classes, which you may purchase at $10/class.
- $2900 if paid in full by September 1, 2017
- $3000 if paid in full by October 1, 2017
- $3100 if paid in full by November 1, 2017
- $3200 if paid in full by December 1, 2017
- $3300 if paid in full by January 1, 2018
- NEW INSTALLMENT PLAN PRICING!
Price shown above + $100 admin fee;
payable in up to 10 equal payments
by bank draft or automatic credit card payments.
Or, contact us to discuss a custom payment plan.
- *2.5% discount for payments by bank draft, check or cash.
A $300 non-refundable and non-transferable deposit with your application secures your spot and will be applied to the program cost (deposit will be returned if application is not accepted).
PRIOR TO APPLYING
Before applying to our 200-Hr Teacher Training program, you are required to take a class with the school founder, Nicole Nichols, and either attend one of our free Q&A sessions or meet with her privately to determine whether this program is a good fit for you.
Applications will not be considered unless these steps have been taken.
HOW TO APPLY
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Enrollment is subject to acceptance of application.
FREE Q&A INFORMATION SESSIONS
Thursday, 8/24, 7:30-8:30pm
Saturday, 9/9, 1:00-2:00pm
Sunday, 9/17 4:00-5:00PM
Tuesday, 10/3 7:30-8:30PM
Saturday, 10/21 3:00-4:00PM Register
Thursday, 11/2 7:30-8:30PM Register
Wednesday, 11/15 7:30-8:30PM Register
Monday, 12/4 7:30-8:30PM Register
Meet the faculty, discuss the curriculum and ask specific questions.
Approximately 1 hour in length.
Also available by appointment as schedule permits.